Made in the Valley – Initiative Foods
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Source: ABC KFSN-TV | By Amanda Venegas | SANGER, Calif.
Initiative Foods started in 2002 and now employs 120 people to run the production line. (KFSN)
Initiative Foods started in 2002 and now employs 120 people to run the production line. They say their goal is offer the very best product at the very best prices. The company offers over 50 recipes of premium baby food flavors packaged in glass jars and pouches. They start with mostly local fresh fruits and vegetables, puree and pasteurize them into foods that babies love. They then container them in either a jar or pouch, packaged them, and ship their products to their customers.
Their baby food is shipped all over world. Locally it is sold at Babies R Us, Vons, Savemart, Sprouts Market, Raley’s and other businesses who provide products for women, infants, and children.
Five fun facts about Initiative Foods:
- Most of their products are made from fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally.
- Their method of production works to hold in that freshness.
- They make over 300,000 jar and pouches of baby food a day.
- They are the 3rd largest baby food producer in the United States and the only one that makes both jars and pouches.
- They use a range of fresh ingredients from Apples to Zucchini
For more information visit initiativefoods.com